My annual Girl's Trip to Lake Travis in Austin is right around the corner...eeeek! That means coffee on a sprawling front porch, feeding deer, pedicures, late night games, and margaritas with some of my favorite gals in the world. It also means that Summer is almost here! Living in Texas, most Summer wardrobes consist of tank tops, shorts and flip flops when you aren't in work clothes or a swimsuit. IT'S HOT! And its hard to justify a hefty clothing budget when last year's cut-offs still fit.
So, I decided to head to Target (one of my favs!) to find some Summer essentials to add to your wardrobe. These pieces will make last year's basics more current, versatile, and fun...all for $100! Let's do this!
1. Bright Mini Backpack: You might remember this little backpack trend from the movie Clueless (love that movie!) or spotted it more recently on celebrities while flipping through a magazine. I think this trend shouts Summer FUN and is very practical for running around on a hot day. It is the perfect alternative to the crossbody bag if you want to change things up a bit. Plus, I LOVE the bright pop of color! In person, it's even better and certainly doesn't look like it cost $34.99!
2. The Boyfriend V-Neck Tee: We've gone down the v-neck tee road before, but I'll say it again. You must have some v-neck tees in basic colors hanging in your closet. They are versatile, flattering, comfortable, timeless, perfect for layering...the list goes on and on. Target carries one of my favorite styles for $9! They come in a ton of colors, are soft, longer in length, and keep their shape wash after a wash. So important! You need at least one. Trust me.
3. Front to Back Pearl Earring: I LOVE THESE EARRINGS! I was hesitant to try this trend at first, but when I saw them at Target for only $7.99, I thought I'd give them a try. They seriously go with everything. Dress them up or wear them with a tee...they look chic no matter how you do it. Side note: When you click the link above to check these out, Target.com says they are sold out online AND not carried in stores. But, they are sold in stores! I know this, because I've purchased backup pairs...
4. Mossimo Gold Sandals: The hippie infused Birkenstock is back in a big way, and I feel in my heart they are so ugly, they're cute. I kinda love thinking about my days on the University of Texas campus trekking to class in these sandals. But, back then, they weren't gold with added white details on the sole! BAM! The gold makes them more feminine and brings out any jewelry I have on. I purchased mine for $19.99 and they are SO comfortable! I love them with rolled up girlfriend jeans, cutoffs, and for trips to the pool.
5. Fringe Kimono: Fringe is all the rage this Summer season. It's on jewelry, handbags, shoes...and Kimonos! I don't know what the real definition of kimono is, but the Kris&Jack dictionary says "Kimono- perfect layering piece with jeans or shorts, swimsuit cover-up, and added pop of fun pattern to any outfit!" This fringe hemmed kimono is $22.99 and will be used to cover my backside at the pool and complete the 3-piece rule all Summer long.
(More kimonos coming soon on the blog!)
6. Mirrored Sunglasses: Aviators have been back on the fashion scene for awhile now but the mirrored aviators are shaking things up a bit this season. Don't they remind you of Tom Cruise (before he was all weird) in Top Gun!? These sunnies are fun, add color, and look good on almost every face shape! For $12, who can resist? These Ray-Ban lookalikes add a cool factor to any Summer ensemble.
All 6 items total $106.96!
Have fun shopping the Summer essentials! Let us know what other goodies you find too. When the Lily Pulitzer line comes out on Sunday, April 19th (Shhhh! Don't tell anybody!), I'm sure I'll be back with more Target goodness! Love you guys!